This afternoon I decided it was time to spice up my site a little bit. I changed my site template and made my first attempts at customizing the CSS code. I didn’t do too much beyond the basic layout of the template, but I made a few notable changes:
1. I added a background image. Now you know from the first moment you enter this site that it is about root beer.
2. I made the font bigger for the posts. The original template had painfully small font for the posts so I made it a little easier to read.
3. I adjusted the color of the header (blog title). Unfortunately, my background image makes it hard to find a suitable color so I had to settle. It’s not perfect, but at least you can tell what it says.
I hope you like the new layout!